Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:17:23 -0400
Sitra is now 10 weeks old and a beautiful chocolate sable.  Well ever since
I got her, I've been wanting to get her a playmate.  I work at a pet store,
and my boss said that she'd let me have the pick of the next shipment of
ferrets they get.  Well, the shipment arrived yesterday and I now have a
beautiful baby boy!  I named him Loki, which is the Norse god of mischief.
My boss said he was a butterscotch, but he looks like he's more than that.
His underside is the creamy orange of a butterscotch, but his topside looks
much more like a sterling silver.  A very light sterling silver.  I guess
I'll be able to tell more accurately what his color is when he's a bit
older.  I think he's just 6 weeks.

Another thing that's odd about Loki is how vocal he is!  As soon as I
picked him up from work yesterday, he was making the noise Sitra makes when
she's not happy.  A sort of whimpering, grunting noise.  After a while, he
calmed down, but he still makes the noise on occasion.  Is it because he's
scared and is still adjusting to a new home?  I'm a little doubtful about
that, because he makes the noise when I hold him or when he's playing,
times when you think he'd be relatively happy.  Also, do you think he'll
turn out to be more vocal than Sitra is?  Sitra whimpered when we first
got her, too, but nowhere near as much as Loki!

Well I just wanted to let everyone know about the latest addition to my
animal family, and thanks to anyone who can clarify Loki's noisemaking.

Amber the human and her now 6 babies:

Sitra - "Oooh, someone new to bite!"
Loki - "You better watch out because I'll be bigger than you in a couple
weeks!"
Jasmine - "Not ANOTHER one!!"
Callisto - "Must.. open.. cage.. door..!"
Isis - "Heh heh, while you're wasting your time with the cage, I'll be
hiding away all the food!"
Willow - "Augh! What was that noise?!"