Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:59:51 EDT
Once again-I could let the mud slinging go.  But I write because it is not
fair to anyone interested in discovering the truth to let issues concerning
the welfare of the ferret lie in a pool of mud.  It is grossly unfair to
the ferrets.

The writer accusing me of half truths writes that Marshall Farms was guilty
once of several things, and straightened out those problems, and that is
that.  That is what I read.  Plus I am apparently dishonest about Dr. Brown
being a ferret expert.

As Big has asked us to back up our statements, I was surprised that this
got through.  Show us, please, the proof that Marshall Farms has only
committed a few violations once and took care of those issues.

The writer tells us that FML members will not be allowed on the premises.
So then, this person=an FML member- cannot KNOW that the changes were made.
His statements to us are illogical.

Besides the fact that Marshall Farms sells animals used in toxicity
testing, which is a cruel and painful procedure, according to on-line PETA
writer who has been there for one of the Marshall Farms dog disasters, he
writes,, Marshall Farms has also been in violation of the Animals Welfare
Act for cage size, flooring, overcrowding, and surgeries conducted by
people basically off the street with no vet present-in less than aseptic
conditions.

Dr. Roberta Scipioni-apparently the only Marshall Farms vet on site for
thousands of ferret surgeries and illnesses-was found guilty by New York
State Office of Professional Discipline.  "SUBSTANTIAL evidence that
professional misconduct occurred."

I do not know if things have changed this year, but Mary of FAIR tells me
that it is her understanding that Marshall Farms now has a vet in town that
it might call out.  The staff are not certified vet techs that perform the
countless surgeries.  They are basically just people off the street trained
to perform surgeries with no vet supervision.  You can delete this thought
from your memory banks if you like, as I cannot reveal sources for this
info.  Nor will she.  HOWEVER, there has been a complaint filed concerning
just this in New York that I wrote of previously with proper
substantiation.

ACPCA reported violations concerning sick dogs being transported to
Switzerland.  Fines were not imposed here because Marshall Farms was
supposed to have their employees "take a course on how to safely ship dogs
on airplanes" And then we have the fire killing many helpless animals
because they would not put in a sprinkler system to protect the multitude
of animals kept in the puppy mill.

******In 1993, 1994, and 1995, conditions at Marshall's Farms were found to
be out of compliance with USDA findings.  See AskJeeves.com---Ferret Abuse
Update*** So much for Marshall Farms making a few errors one year that were
corrected.
    ---
For those of you thinking the ferrets bred into exhaustion by Marshall
Farms live happily ever after somewhere-----you can just forget it.  They
are ALL euthanized according to former Marshall Farms vet -Dr. Judy Bell.
See Ferret Information Bank.  Go to" MF Supplies Lab Ferrets, Confirms
"Retired" Breeders Euthanized"
    ---
Retired?????????????

And lastly, to discover what Marshall Farms really thinks of your
intelligent, inquisitive, sensitive little one--------simply go-to
AskJeeves.com and type in Lab Animal.  Look under M for Marshall Farms in
North Rose, New York.

Marshall Farms does not call the ferret an animal, companion, or pet, or
living being.  If you really care to know what they call your beloved
companion, you can go to the site.

***DOG LOVERS: Keep your eyes and ears open for info on Butler Farms USA
Inc.  This is Marshall's canine branch.  Nothing cheerful here either.

Thank you for your patience.  I hope you won't mind if I do not respond to
anymore insults.  I have given up the little time I have right now with MY
babies because I.  CAre About And Love the ferret.  I care about the truth.
Marshall Farms has corrected their problems?  There was only one report of
a few infractions?  Read the sites I have taken the time to list for you
these past days.  Major animal rights groups in the United States and
France just condemned Marshall Farms in 1999 as the puppy mill tried to
branch out into France.

I care about ferrets.  It is obviously insulting to be basically called a
liar for presenting info that ALL of us can read ourselves.  Do your
homework for the welfare of all ferrets.  Read the articles.  Be informed.
Think for yourselves.  Don't let bullies with illogical words turn you away
from seeking TRUTH.  Big told us that we had to back up our discussion with
evidence.  He is a wise moderator.  We are VERY lucky to have him.

You have enough info on the puppy mill Marshall Farms now to make up your
own minds.  The next step is acting on that evidence if you feel it is
substantial.  What are YOU going to do to try and alter this situation at
Marshall Farms?

Love you guys
Lisette

[Moderator's note: Yes, backing up discussions with evidence is a good
idea and I did ask that.  But I don't expect most readers to be able to
determine the veracity of the evidence.  I do think the rebuttals are
going well though.  BIG]