From:
Janet O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 21:00:02 -0400
I was called this afternoon by a lady who found a sweet sable female
running around near Grey's Beach in Kingston, Mass.  This little girl is
a well nourished, frisky, MF ferret.  She has no tarter on her teeth, and
appears to be not much older than a year or so.  She gets along well with
other ferrets and children (the lady's daughter's), who were walking her
around on a leash when I got there.  The animal control officer can't take
her...if she did it would only be for euthanasia, I'm afraid.  I can't keep
her as I have six of my own and this is a very bad time for me as my mom
just died recently.  The Mass. shelters are pretty full, so I don't want
to burden them if I can help it.  If anyone is looking for a sweet little
girl, please email me.

Coincidentally, the Seekonk, MA Animal control officer called me the
other day to ask if I could help find a home or a foster home for a sweet
tempered red eyed white that was found in their town.  I got to know her
(Janet Bowden) when I was on the MaFF board, and have two ferrets that I
adopted from her in the past.  In this case, a charity in her town called
"Save A Pet" has already provided vet check up for her and will vaccinate
her if only a good home can be found for her.

If anyone can help with either of these two ladies, please, please
email me.

bear hugs & ferret kisses,

Janet