From:
FurTulsa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:46:42 -0500
Her name is Jojo... we changed it slightly from MojoJojo, named because the
people thought she was a male.

Trisha picked her up because she lived nearby.  The person who had her
claims to have only had her a couple of weeks, that she was dumped off by
someone they knew.  According to them, their friend asked them to watch her
for a few days and when they called to find out when he would be picking
her up, he told them to just dump her or turn her loose somewhere.

At least this person had the brains to call and was referred to us.  This
person did not, however, have the brains to realize a living creature needs
food and water to survive.  He *claims* he just ran out of food yesterday
and she hadn't eaten in a day.... but I don't believe it.  I once rescued a
ferret who had not eaten in 10 days and this girl looks only slightly
better.

The cage she was turned in with is small, a style I would use for surgery
recovery or an elderly ferret.  It was bare except for what once was a
hammock, crusted in filth and dirt and god knows what else, full of holes,
most of the fleece gone etc.... food dish and water bottle... only *cough
cough* toys was a bird mirror and a hot wheels car.... bottom of cage
approx 4-5 inches deep, solid covering the floor, mixture of clay cat
litter, corn cob and poop.

Current Status:
Age - About 2.5 years.
Color: I believe she will be a cinnamon
Weight: Appx. 14 ounces
Dehydrated
Covered in fleas.  Slightly anemic.
Thin, coarse, dry coat.
Hair patchy and bald spots which looks due to the flea infestation.
Hind legs and feet almost totally bald with purplish blisters... likey
urine burns from the waste in her cage.

Currently she has taken Pedialyte and Ferretvite, is eating kibble.  In a
nice clean cage with a soft thick hammie, a nest box, blankies and toys.  I
have also applied an ointment to her feet.  I think I got a majority of the
fleas but will need to watch that.  I have also spoken to our vet and she
will be seen tomorrow.

Earlier, after going in her new cage for the first time, she was dancing
and rubbing herself all over the hammock as if saying "oooh it's so
soft!!!" and then stood up and favored Trisha and I with a look that
clearly said "thank you".

I'll let you all know how the vet goes.

You can see Jojo at:
http://members.home.net/furtulsa/jojo.jpg