From:
"Cam, Simon and Alpine McIntosh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 17:45:04 EDT
Speaking up for myself here, I admit I thought Judy's ferrets had caught
ADV at the show.  I also have heard rumors of cases in Michigan, and I
expect there will be Michigan people at the ferret show.

Having gone through ECE and then an outbreak of distemper in our shelter, I
tend to err on the side of caution.  I consider the six ferrets Judy has
that tested positive to be a "horrible outbreak."  I would personally
consider any more than one ferret who tested positive an outbreak, and ADV
is certainly in the "horrible" class, along with distemper and some other
ferret diseases I know.

We had our Fall Frolics today and I, as president of FFGM, took it upon
myself to tell people that if they let other people handle their ferrets at
the show other than the judges, their ferrets were no longer welcome at our
meetings.  We discussed the use of a parvocide in handling ferrets and I
believe no one left the meeting upset by what I, representing the board,
had asked of them.  I cdrtainly NEVER said that people shouldn't attend
the show, especially since we are having a booth and I want everyone with
green in their pockets there!

I hope this clears things up.  I dislike rumor mills and it sounds like
this one got out of hand, with the beginning being my fault.  I sincerely
apologize, not for what I said, but for its misinterpretation.  I have to
do what I feel is best for FFGM and that's what I do.

Thanks for reading...
Blessed Be!
Cam and the Furry Herd
You can find love...at the local ferret shelter!
Ferret Fanciers of Greater Milwaukee
414-464-FFGM
Adoptions, Information, Rescue, Boarding and Club