From:
Ellen Van Landingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 13:46:43 -0600
Nikki wrote:
>It seems my ferret decided to play a wonderful game of hide and
>seek.....well she hide well and I seeked all over in her favorite
>spots and couldn't find her.  Are there any ways that can make even
>a sleeping ferret decided to come out and play????????  She is my
>house of that I am certain........but I can't find her..:(

Nikki,

At our house, shaking a Tupperware container filled with raisins and/or
squeaking a squeaky toy will attract any ferret that isn't deaf.  We repeat
this exercise in each room of the house until the missing ferret emerges.

You should also consider the possibility that your ferret has managed to
get into a place that she can't figure out how to get out of.  Getting
behind or under cabinets via small gaps in the baseboards, crawling through
plumbing access openings into the walls, climbing into the dishwasher or
clothes dryer, and getting inside furniture (particularly box springs,
sofas, and upholstered chairs) seem to be favorites.  This requires some
serious detection; wait until the house is very quiet then take your
raisins and squeaky toy to each room, make noise, and listen very carefully
for scratching or swearing.  If you find your ferret in one of these
places, you then have to figure out how she got there and take precautions
to prevent her doing it again (unless you really enjoy removing and
replacing sheetrock).

Hope this helps.  Please let us know when you find her!

ellen
--
mailto:[log in to unmask]