Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 19:01:16 -0400
Hello ,
The Ferret Patrol "aka" Woo and Peachy went to investigate the P.J. pet
store today.

We spoke to the stores manager and she said that she was unaware that
pine/cedar shavings were harmful to ferrets.  The store is fully stocked
and the two darling ferrets were sharing 1/4 of a cage blocked off by
glass dividers from the parrots and guinea pigs.  They were not "allowed"
a bedding hammock because it will get "dirty" .

In spite of all the uneducated care, the two little guys were and happy
even though their environment was poor, they had plenty of food and water
and were very lovable, We got Lots of kisses!

Thanks to a wonderful employee "ED" who was eager to learn and help make
the guys happy and safe.

Phyllis " aka " Woo asked if "she" purchased a hammock, if we could have it
set up.  The manager not completely happy with the idea, but did permit it.

Ed was wonderful, he emptied and washed down their small area and filled
it with safer ferret bedding and set up the newly purchased hammock.  The
little guys were thrilled and so excited :) Ed promised us he is a ferret
friendly person and would see that the little guys would get the first
bigger space that came available.  It was obvious that "ED" has the "
ferret love syndrome ":) Ha Ha Ha dooks dooks dook .

We left relieved and we did make a difference in those sweet little guys
lives.

We will do a follow up visit next week .

The Ferret Patrol

Phyllis, Bailey, LuLU & Gabby
Beverly, Whiskey, Princess & Lacey