From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:24:48 -0500
O.k. so maybe they are made for people but don't tell the ferrets that
share my home that they can't try them.  Fortunately, I'm not a junk food
eater so our foods aren't all that bad.

Last night I was hungry and didn't want to cook (not in 100+ temps even
with an ac house) so I browsed the fridge.... hmmmm..  ferret recipe,
ingredients for ferret recipe, bottled water for the ferrets, cereal for
me and the ferrets, nutritional liquid for the ferrets.... ahhh shredded
mozzarella (sp) cheese, that will do.  So off to the futon I go with my 8
oz bag of cheese and start nibbling away when Scooby comes frantically
running up (I didn't know you could smell mozzarella from 3 rooms away,
did you?) and trying to get in my cheese bag.  O.k. so I let him in the
bag and he wants to kick it all out (oh no you don't) so I give him a
small mouth full. :-)  Ever seen a ferret try to carry away a mouthful
of shredded cheese?  What's even funnier is watching him try to EAT the
stringy cheese. :-)  I think more ended up on the futon than in his mouth.
Made me smile though.

Pizza and watermelon top the list at our house (from the ferret perspective
of course).  Sunny was a big watermelon eater too. :-)

Thank you to all who sent condolences.  It helps to share hurtful
experiences and to know that others care.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity