From:
Donna Micari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:03:28 -0400
Hi all,

First, thanks to all the kind folks who wrote me.  I would love to write
you all back individually, but I am at work, so it's difficult.

On Tuesday afternoon, the vet called and said that the mystery protozoa
was coccida, and that I could take her home, as I would have be just as
effective treating her at home as they would there.  Luckily, I had all
her stuff with me, prepared, just in case.  She looks better, is in better
spirits, but is skinny and hates her meds.  I know people will probably
ask, so here's what she's on:

- Lactated Ringers Solution, 30 mL, 2Xday
- Amoxi, 0.25 mL, 2X day
- Pettinic, 0.75 mL, 2X day
- Biaxin, 0.5 mL, 1X day
- Omeprozole, 1/4 capsule 1X day
- Carafate, 0.25 mL 4X day
- Albon, 0.3 mL 1X day

It's a lot to take for a little thing like Gillian, but I'm sure she'll get
through this.  She seems so happy to be home!

If I don't respond to anyone, it's because I'm taking Friday and Monday
off, and only have internet at work.  Gillian and I will be at home,
resting!  I'm glad they let me take her to work everyday, but it's
exhausting!

~Donna