Susie Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 21:45:16 -0400
>From:    Dolores Mink <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: My Boo has a lumpy tail!!!!
>Can anybody help me with this?  My 1 1/2 yr. old ferret Boo has a bump or
>growth at the end of her tail!!  I took her into the vet a few mos.  ago

Kris,

My ferret, Binky, just had his tail bobbed last week due to one of these
growths.  While it does look horrible, it probably is a just a chordoma
and nothing to worry about.  Binky had his for over a year, the only reason
we had it removed is because he got it caught in the hammock S-hook.  Dr.
Kemmerer removed it in a matter of minutes with little fuss - she let me
watch the surgery - and Binky seemed to have no pain afterwards.  The
stitches came out on their own about 10 days later.

Dr. Williams has information on his site regarding chordomas at
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/chordoma.html

Hope this helps!

Susie