From:
Ann Hehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:52:08 EDT
Hi FMLers

I need some advice.  I posted 2 weeks ago about my 3 year old girl who had
the place on her butt that was filling with fluid and my vet initially
diagnosed her with an incomplete anal sack removal.  Well..she had surgery
last Friday for this growth and my vet removed a huge tumor from the anal
area which extended to the bowel and to the urethra and to the top of her
leg.  He said it was the equivilent to a 30 lb tumor in an adult human.
He suspected that it was cancer and the path report came back today and
he was right.  It is a poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma, origin anal
sack.  The path indicated that the margins were not free of tumor which,
of course, means there are some of those awful, life stealing cells still
inside of her.  He did not think chemo would be advised.  He said that it
would most surely come back at some point, when is, of course, unknown.  My
question: has anyone on this list had any experience with this?  Is there
any holistic remedies which might help prolong a good life for her?  and
me?  She is recovering nicely from the surgery.  The first night she was
eating, drinking, pooping and peeing as she should.  The next day she was
showing energy, I had to keep her in her convelescent cage to keep her
still.  She is usually full of energy and life, exploring, hiding her baby
dolls and her toy tiger tail and toy barbell.  She loves to get on the
table on weekends and lick my finger of my vanilla yogurt.  I dearly love
this girl and am not ready for her to go to the bridge.  Any advice or
things to try would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance for any information
anyone can give.

Ann and Sabrina