Mon, 14 Aug 2000 08:58:01 EDT
I've had 2 pet store purchased MF ferrets come down with insulinoma at 2
years of age- one albino, and one sable.  Rescued 2 who died of insulinoma,
both with tattoos.  Currently have 3 healthy rescues, app 2-4 yo, and 2
healthy 4 year olds purchased from Heartbeat Ferrets as kits.

My first two ferrets had shortened lives due to my lack of knowledge over
10 years ago, one escape, and one got stepped on by a horse.  Was told then
to give them free run, that they could come in and out like a dog or cat.
Rikki was actually good about it, but got stepped on.  I waited until 5
years ago before getting another ferret.

CR