From:
"Sally St. Germain" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 02:05:16 -0400
On Friday August 4 at approx. 11:30 p.m.  Baby joined her brothers at the
Rainbow Bridge.  She was 7 years old.

We took all 12 of our guys to the vet for their vaccinations on Wed.  Baby
did not get her vaccination because she was not well.  I told the vet that
I was concerned about her.  She had lost some weight.  She was always very
petite, but she had lost almost a half a pound since this time last year.
She had been sleeping a lot lately, but would still sit pretty for a treat
and loved her duck soup.  The vet could hear a wheeze and she was working
to breathe.  That was recent, I hadn't noticed it before.  She was also
slightly dehydrated.  Dr. Cathy put her on Septra to clear up the wheeze
and Enacard for her heart.  Dr. Cathy thought she may have cardiomyopathy.
We started feeding the duck soup every 3 to 4 hours.  She was very weak,
but took the soup well.  It seems to really tucker her out and she would

Today she seemed even weaker and was not taking the duck soup very well.
We started giving smaller amounts every 2 to 3 hours.  I went to work
tonight and I told Wayne not to push her too hard, but to offer the soup
more often.  He tried to feed her and she only took a couple of licks and
she was really trying hard to get her breath.  He put her back in her cage
and a few minutes later noticed that she was gasping for air.  He picked
her up and cuddled her and She took her last breath in her Daddy's arms.
Wayne called me at work around 11:40.  I came right home from work.  I
would have been no good at work for the rest of the night anyway.  I don't
know how I saw my way home, the tears were falling like Niagara Falls.

I want to bury her out at my Mom's and will probably do that in the
morning.  I'll probably get my sister to help me with that.

Baby was my second ferret and was our little princess.  Very dainty and
always very well behaved.  She loved raisins and walks in the park.  She
loved being carried around by my nieces, when they came to visit.

Sandee, please make sure she finds her brother's Toby Bear and Murphy.
Tell her that Mommy is very sorry that I was at work when she passed.  She
should have passed in my arms.  I didn't get to tell her about the bridge.
I wasn't ready for her to go.  I can't stop crying.  I can't stop the pain.

Sally St. Germain and her 11 "Little Saints."
Hi....my name is Sally....I am a ferret-a-holic!!!!