From:
Kathy Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 14:52:05 -0500
Hi Everyone,
Okay, I am taking the award for the 2000 idiot/boob of the year.  A short
time ago I had posted a question on the use of Fervac over Galaxy D.  I
thought our vets were switching from the later to the former and was
concerned about potential severe reactions.  This is where I get to claim
that award I mentioned.  When the kits were getting their vaccinations by
a vet we use on occasion, she used Galaxy D.  For some stupid reason this
stuck in my head.  This is when the brain short began.

Further confusion set in when talking to our regular vet about these
vaccines and again the brain short kicked in.  During a second
conversation with our much loved vet I asked what made them switch from
Galaxy D to Fervac.  (I had seen this puzzled look on his face during the
last brain short).  He then said they had always used Fervac to vaccinate
our ferrets.  My face turned an embarrassing 10 shades of red, and if I
had just looked at the ferrets records like I have a hundred times before
I would have plainly seen it said Fervac right near the top.  So I want to
apologize to the people who responded to the worry of the switch although
it was not wasted.  I conveyed some of the severity's of reactions to
Fervac our vet, and he was glad to know of the information as they haven't
yet seen this severe a reaction at their clinic.  I too am glad to know
the severity of reactions some ferrets have had and now make sure our
appointments are scheduled first thing in the morning.  This way if their
is a reaction after our half hour wait and are at home, our vet clinic is
open till 8:00 p.m.  and we can get them back quickly.  To the people who
took the time to respond to my question I want to thankyou for invoking
the appointment time change as it wouldn't have even occurred to me if I
wasn't given a reason to think about it.  So now that my color is slowly
returning to normal, on with the ferrets.

Kathy and the Ferret Collective - Clearing up an embarrassing malfunction