From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:13:44 EDT
Today one of my co-workers asked me if I would come help her with 2 baby
birds that were laying on the ground.  When I got there a few minutes
later, one bird was already dead.  The remaining bird was twisting his neck
in an unnatural way.  I drove him to a vet who treats birds.  She took one
look and said, "Lawn chemicals." She said the bird was SEIZURING from lawn
chemicals.  She said she sees many dying birds at this time of year from
lawn pesticides.

If you take your ferrets out for a walk, MAKE SURE you know whose lawn they
are walking on, and that it has not be treated with pesticides!  And if you
have a lawn, PLEASE THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING to the animals and to
all the neighborhood children too!!!