Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 21:49:37 -0800
From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Just curious if any progress has been made on putting together a symposium
for this year?  I know there was talk from several groups at one time about
this, but I haven't heard of any developments.  I believe there was some
question about where to have one.

I'd like to suggest Las Vegas-and I think there are some compelling reasons
it should be considered.  First, as a Travel Consultant, I can say that Las
Vegas is one of the most easily accessible cities there is!  I believe that
there are several other travel people on this list who would agree!  There
are "bargains" fares from almost every major airport in the United States.
(My roundtrip ticket from Columbus, Ohio for this weekend costs
$112.00-yes!!  ROUNDTRIP.) Bargains fares to Vegas are very common if you
know where to look for them!  Hotels?  In Dec, Jan and Feb, rooms go for
as little as $30.00 a night!  And large groups get even better prices!
Meeting space??  Vegas is the convention capital of the United States!  I
know how much it cost me to go to Toronto for the Symposium last year, and
I think there was a fairly decent size crowd there-but I think that Vegas
might attract an even larger crowd!  Just thought I would give you guys
something to think about!  I would be willing to do airline tickets fee
free!  With e-tickets, I can book from anywhere to anywhere!  Most agencies
charge anywhere from $10 to $25.00 service fee per ticket!  We still are
fee free!  I'd be more than happy to answer any questions and hear
opinions!  I would really like to see another Symposium happen!

=====
Judy Cooke
Tyson, Hope, and Einstein

"The world is made up for the most part of morons and natural tyrants, sure
of themselves, strong in their own opinions, never doubting anything."
Clarence Darrow