Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:55:47 -0500
From:
Judy & Gary Skinner Western Carolina Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Hi..

First I want to say Happy New Year to all of you on the FML, and to BIG for
his extraordinary work to keep the FML published and sent out 365 days each
Year..Well done BIG!!

Ok, now to the news..WE here at the Western Carolina Ferret Shelter are
going to hold a 2 day Ferret Event in Lenoir, NC Sat May 26th and Sunday
May 27th, this is Memorial Weekend.  We have Gone to extreme measures to
make this show one of the most informative and fun for all.  It will be a
Championship Ferret Show and Specialty show with an awards Banquet after
the judging Sunday.  Here are the specifics.

The Memorial Weekend Gala Ferret Affair will kick off Saturday, May 26,2001
with Set up beginning at 6am.  We will have Vet Check at 7am-9am.  We will
then have a welcome ceremony at 9:30-10:00am, and Judging to begin at 10am
for all Championship classes.  During the Judging will have most education
seminars scheduled from area vets.  We will have Ear Cleaning clinics, Toe
Nail trimming Classes, teeth cleaning classes, and coat care classes.  I
am going to see about working on getting a few of the Ferret Food reps
such as Totally Ferret, Marshal Ferret food, ect., to give a Class on the
importance on food Nutrition for ferrets.  We will also have a Ferret cage
rep to give importance on the right cage for ferrets.  The Idea of this
show is to INFORM people with all the angles of ferret care.  We will also
have Ferret Fun Matches to keep things rolling.  We will break for Lunch
from 1-2pm, and end the day around 6 or 7pm.

On Sunday May 27, 2001, we will kick off with Vendor set up for new vendors
at 6am, and vet check from 7-9am for ferrets that didn't get checked the
day before.  We will have the welcome ceremony at 9:30-10:00am, and Judging
for Specialty Classes to begin promptly at 10:00am.  While Judging the
Specialties we will have more ongoing seminars and classes.  We want to
end Judging by 5pm sharp.  This will give us time to set the show hall up
for a Buffet Dinner and Award presention Ceremony.  The dinner and awards
will begin at 6:30pm SHARP.  We will have a cater set up the Buffet.  we
want to be out of there by 9pm sharp.

We want to have as many Rings for specialty as possible.  We will have 5
Championship rings.  Breeder-Adolescent-Alter-Senior Classic-Judges.  I
really feel this will be one of the biggest and best ever.  Show Packets
will be sent out about 6-8 weeks before the show.  If you want to get your
show packet before this time, you can email and request one from us at
[log in to unmask] .  If you are interested in vendor space, now is
the time to get your space reserved, as it is going to be on a first come
first serve basis.  If you want to reserve a sponsorship for any of the
specialty rings, please contact us, and we will let you know availability.
If you are interested in a Championship Ring sponsorship Please contact us
by email or call us at the shelter.

I will have the Web Site updated with all the show specifics by the weekend
of Jan 7, 2001.  you will be able to get all the information and specialty
ring sponsorship availability at http://www.ferrethut.com/ferret_show

If you have any Questions you may call or email us anytime.  Again Happy
New Year to you all!!!

Thank you,

Judy & Gary Skinner
Western Carolina Ferret Shelter