Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:50:33 -0600
From:
Diane had asked if anyone else had snoring ferrets.  Let me be not the
first person to tell you that snoring is not normal, especially if it is as
loud as you have described.  If I were you, I would have Sebastian looked
at by a vet.

A few years ago, I had a beautiful and loving ferret named Tinder.  She is
know by some here on the list as the ferret who was found to be full of fat
upon having a necropsy performed.  Prior to this circumstance, Tinder was a
snorer.  At this point and time I am making no direct relationship between
the two.

At first we thought the snoring was cute as it was high pitched and very
adorable.  It made it very easy to find her.  Later we found a small lump
under her throat and took her in for x-rays.  Surgery revealed a large,
grape-like cluster, that was pushing her trachea up and over.  This was
the direct result of her snoring.  After the lump was removed, she snored
no longer.

Snoring in humans is the result of many different things.  In ferrets, it
too could be anything, but I would say have it checked out and have at
least an x-ray done.  Maybe it is sinus related, or maybe something
unusual is happening in the throat.  My motto: Better safe than sorry.

Hope this helps,

Betty and Her Blur O'Fur
For the love of ferrets...