Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 08:13:07 PDT
From:
Dee Eisenman <[log in to unmask]>
Last evening, I returned "the bowl" to Petcon and they were very pleasant
about it.  Apparently, this bowl was recalled one year ago and the stores
put up signs about it.  I never knew because I shop at the ferret store
online.  I told them that it should have been a bulletin on the website.
Anyway, the bowl I wanted was not in so I bought one of those plastic,
spill-proof jobs.  NOT!  My ferret decided that they hate it and threw it
down the ramp.  It is too light.  It now resides on the bottom and will
stay there (well, not in that exact spot, I am sure).

To Randy, I do not condone shots performed by anyone but a licensed vet (in
case of reactions) BUT I also do not condone anyone sending you flaming
emails, probably filled with profanity and threats.  BIG is correct that
nobody flamed you on the FML BUT I am sure he is not aware of the nastiness
you have rec'd.  privately?  It is such a shame that people cannot argue
or disagree in a civil, adult manner.  When will people realize that the
message is more effective when delivered in a civil, non-profane,
non-flaming manner?  I just want you to know that although my thoughts on
this are different, I can only imagine the nastiness you must be receiving.
You should have seen the messages that I rec'd over my post about Angoras -
they were very amusing.  Being called the "c" word, the "a" word, and so
on, it really childish behavior.  Lets agree to disagree - CIVILLY.

To Lisette, your post was excellent!  I saw nothing that was not relevant
to ferrets.  PETA is not an organization I support,either, but if they can
make some headway on these issues - GREAT!  Thank you for the nice words.

Petco has some significant problems, but I think they vary from store to
store based on the Store Manager.  Some Managers are more concerned with
the welfare of the animals, while some are only concerned with merchandise
and re-stocking of shelves.  It just depends on the individual store but
Petco should set up some hotlines for employees to voice concerns
anonymously AND they should make the changes necessary.  Most often, and
employee will simply leave, which is why they have high turnover
(speculation here, folks).

Anyway, hang in there Randy!  You do wonderful things for ferrets.

Everyone have a great weekend!

[Moderator's note: I'll have to talk to Randy about it.  Posts which were
forwarded to me were quite civil!  True, some people have been flamed, but
I'm not sure it's fair to assume that has to be the case.  BIG]