Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 08:40:47 -0700
From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Sandy seems to slowly be making progress.

Yesterday (Thursday) when I had her at work with me, she hacked and
dry-heaved most of the day.  I gave her the Benadryl and some syringes
full of water, since she wasn't eating or drinking.

Last night at my second job she passed a bloody stool.  It looked like it
hurt her because she jumped away when she was done.  When we got home, I
gave her the second dose of Benadryl and some more water by syringe.  Then
Sean & I made her some chicken noodle soup and gave her a couple CC's of
broth by syringe.  She didn't really want to take it.

This morning I woke her up for more broth.  She fought me like crazy and
didn't want to swallow.  When Sean laid her on the bed, she didn't move.
So off to the vet we went again.

Her tummy wasn't quite as tender as it was yesterday when the vet palpated
it.  She was again dehydrated, so she got more sub-q fluids.  He also gave
her some sugar water by syringe, which kind of perked her up a little.  He
told me to continue with 2Xday Benadryl treatments and water/chicken
broth/baby food/whatever she'll take by syringe every couple of hours.

So she's at work with me again today.  I bought her some Gerber Stage 1
Banana baby food.  I haven't tried it yet.  I also have the soup broth here
and some ferretvite.  Hopefully she'll start to take something.  She isn't
hacking at all today.  She hasn't passed anything either, which isn't
really surprising since she hasn't eaten solid food since Wednesday
afternoon.

I have a mountain bike race this weekend in another state, and I feel
so guilty about leaving her with Sean's parents.  They do an OK job
ferret-sitting.  But they need to be on the ball this weekend and get
Sandy well.

The vet said if she doesn't improve by Sunday night to bring her back
again.  We're all keeping our paws crossed that she'll be fine by then.

=====
Aileen & the Herd minus one Herdling
Slinky, Kyle, Noel, Sandy, & Rootie the beagle
Missing Gizmo so much. We love you, baby.

Check out the Herd's website at:
 http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/7414/index.html