Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 18:12:52 -0700
From:
michelle trocine <[log in to unmask]>
If your ferret had mange more than likely more than one ferret would have
it and possibly you.  A few years ago I adopted a puppy at my(then vet).
The puppy started getting this scaley rash and losing hair-the vet I
adopted it from told me allergies and gave me this special shampoo.
Meanwhile, I started itching all over-they were cutting down pine trees
in my area at that time and I thought allergies.  The shampoo didn't help
the puppy and I tried special foods also.  I then brought it to another vet
who did the scrape test(did not even come close to costing $200 for the
test)-confirmed it was mange.  The whole house including myself, the
ferrets, 2 cats, boyfriend, and the other dog had to be treated.  I believe
that the animals all got shots and then follow up shots(this was a while
ago and my boyfriend was the one who brought them to the other vet)and we
got this lotion to put on(yuck).  If you handle your ferret alot I'm sure
you would be showing symptoms too.

This also shows that vets can be wrong.  I brought my ferret to 2 vets when
he started losing hair and first vet said not adrenal-allergies.  3 for
the chondorma(sp?)(Dr Weiss removed that-MD).  Same ferret, by the way,
on Lupron now.

Michelle and the four fuzzbutts