Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:13:07 -0400
From:
Stacey Yea <[log in to unmask]>
Greetings All,

Just thought I would say hi, and let everyone who is coping with a sick
ferret or has lost their beloved fert that my thoughts and prayers are
with you!  Don't worry things can only get better!

On a lighter note, I thought I would let you know how our vacation went
this weekend, I now know that my guys love to travel, they were so good
and so happy, dooks all over the place.  Louis made friends at his first
encounter with another species...my aunt's dog Lady, it was so cute.
Buddy the Mama's boy that he is preferred to just sit with me!

It was such a relief that they enjoyed themselves and were behaved.  I do
travel quite a bit on the weekends and I thought it would be easier on them
if I left them home with a friend of mine that they know quite well, but
after a couple times, I noticed that Buddy was acting unhappy ( mild
depression) and lost a bit of weight, and when I would return, he would not
leave my side, I just couldn't bare to leave him at home anymore, I would
worry the whole time I was gone, so this weekend was a trial, I have
brought them on trips once before but they were younger.

Now I now they would rather come, when I started to pack up when leaving
for the trip, 2 little Munckins where waiting at the door, staring up at
the door knob ready to go, I should have taken a pic, next time, Lou even
brought his ferret stuffed toy, Harold with him in the cage, then took it
out, god forbid, he isn't in the right spot ) Louis has about 20 stuffed
animals he hides, when I clean I find them and put them in one spot,WOW,
does he ever get mad, and for the next littel while all you see is Louis
back and forth putting his stuff away.  We went for walks, explored.  They
were so good, they slept the whole way home!

Don't get me wrong, when we got home they were ecstatic, Buddy ran up and
down the hall with his stuffed wolf that is twice the size of him, and
Buddy, is usually laid back likes to do the " Flat Ferret" or the "Bear
Rug" all the time.

Anyway, just thought I would brighten up the morning with my story.  Hope
everyone has a good day.......

And quick question for anyone who might have some in put, I will be moving
soon but am a little concerned with the litter situation, when we are on a
trip they do not poop in their litter, I never thought about it because I
knew they were excited and busy with all the new smells that they had to
get in but do you think that I will have to go through the potty training
process once we are in our new home, because I would really hate that, they
are pretty good now, they miss rarely and when they do, it is always on the
bathroom floor.  Has anyone had any experience with moving and if so what
type of reactions did you get.  My ferts do not spend a lot of time in
there cage, so.

Oh ya, second questions, doesn't anyone know of any treats (home made) that
I could make?

Finally, I might be moving back to the US, Buffalo NY, is there a ferret
shelter or org that I can help, I do plan on making the family bigger when
I get settle in our new home.

Okay, now I am finished rambling.......Talk to you all later.....give your
babies all a ferret kiss for me!

Kindest Regards,
Stacey and The Boys ( Buddinks & Louis)