Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 11:48:58 -0700
From:
Jaime Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
>We've had a rice box for around 9months and the kids LOVE it.
>Interestingly enough, I hit on a better solution this weekend.  Bear
>decided to use the rice box as a litter box (of course, he has absolutely
>no interest in using the real litter box [...] we hit upon popcorn.

We also took on this project this weekend- the kids dig on the carpets and
we wanted to give them an alternative so we went to Kmart and bought one of
those big plastic storage bins- short enough so they can jump in and out
but tall enough so things wouldn't spill out.  After brainstorming for
several days on best material to put in it we decided on.... dried pinto
beans!  Cheap at the grocery store and lovely to dig in.  I also think they
like the "massage" feeling on their feet because they seem to have gone
wild digging in their bean box.  The only thing was the beans were a little
dusty so we ended up with 3 ferrets who looked like they crawled through
the chimney- we then cleaned the beans off and now it's fine.  The only
thing is that I don't think they're having much luck tunneling underneath
the beans- they may be a bit too heavy.  So maybe popcorn is a good
alternative- but the beans that get out (only a few) of the container
don't roll around like popcorn would.  So we'll keep them for now.

Jaime :-)

=====
Jaime