Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 12:41:43 -0700
From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Hi folks!

Melissa, with Lost Ferrets here.  We have three new ads.  Two are from
Chris K, in California.  One is for a lost one in South Sacramento, one is
for a found one in North Sacramento.  (Not the same ferret, they checked.)
The other is for a little lost one in Panama City Beach, FL.  His momma
is beside herself.  She lost another, back in January, while she lived in
Indianapolis.  Sugar Baby was the first ad placed on Lost Ferrets, and has
since been removed.  She was never recovered.  Now, with Adonis missing in
Florida, Katherine is very upset.  She thinks she is a bad ferret mommy.
Along with her ad, she has requested help.  Her ferrets are free-run, and
she wants to know anything she can do to keep them safe.  Please visit the
Lost Ferrets site and read her ad.

The url is:
www.geocities.com/lostferrets/list.html

I am going to (finally) get the excerpts from Troy Lynn's Ferret Magazine
article up on the site today.  And I will be working on the online poster
as well.  The Lost Ferrets site is growing daily.  I am always adding
things, or changing things.  I am thinking of publishing a downloadable
brochure that could be handed out locally by shelters or taken to pet
stores, etc.  Anyone who is interested in placing a link to the Lost
Ferrets site on their page is welcome, and I can provide a graphic if you
are interested.  I was reading about ferrets being used as chick magnets.
It made me laugh.  A while ago, about a year or two maybe, Maxim Magazine
published an article about what pets could/should be used as chick magnets.
(Leave it to Maxim.)  They took several different animals, a ferret, a dog,
a rat, an iguana, and something else, I don't remember what, out to Central
Park and showed them off, then recorded the responses of women to the
animals.  Well, first off, the article was so poorly written, that the
ferret was actually portrayed as some kind of rodent.  And second,
appearantly women in New York don't like ferrets.  The most common response
to the ferret was, "Ew, what is it?" *sigh*  Usually I rather like Maxim,
but I was upset.  Well, no accounting for taste, I guess.  I myself have
been lured to an attractive young man's side by the sight of a cute
little fuzzy nose.  Of course, he worked at the pet store.  Lucky guy, eh?
Imagine, getting to stand there and look important while cute girls fawn
over the babies.  I don't think I would ever use my guys to attract men,
though.  To be honest, the last thing I need is one more reason for strange
men to approach me while I am by myself in the park.

I just don't think my fuzzies are quite like the one in Kindergarten Cop.
Would they bite the bad guy?  Ya just never know.  However, I have noticed,
mostly while at the vet, that I seem to attract elderly people a LOT.  I
would not have expected this.  But every older person I have ever seen
while I had my ferrets at the vet wanted to pet them, play with them, get a
closer look, talk about them, fawn over how cute they are.  Perhaps at 23,
there is just too much of a generation gap, but I expected the scene from
the cartoons where the woman jumps up on the chair and screams, "Ew Rat
Rat!!" Right generation, right?  Oh well.  I have been wrong before.  Thats
it for now.  Hope everyone has a great day.  Give kisses and scritches to
all the fuzzies, with love from me.

Melissa Barnes
www.geocities.com/lostferrets