Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:32:47 -0500
From:
Tracy Jose <[log in to unmask]>
Lori Crosland <[log in to unmask]>:
>I was wondering if anyone else out there had "high-jumping" ferrets.  I
>have a "super" ferret that can seemingly jump anything.  He is so small
>too.  I was also wondering if anyone had comments on the Silver Mitt's.  I
>am considering adding another ferret and am considering the Silver Mitt.
>Everyone seems to have bad health problems with their silver mitts and
>deaf/blind one's too.

In regards to your jumping ferret and inquiring about silver mitts.  I have
a jumping/flying fert also, her name is Pepe'.  She thinks she is Rocky the
Squirrel, hee, hee.  I can be standing two feet away from her and she will
climb the couch and leap from it to land onto my sweatshirt and hang on for
dear life...guess she just loves the adventure! :-)

You inquired about silvermitts.  I have one silver mitt, Chico.  He is a
huge, healthy boy!  When I got him, I noticed his huge feet and I knew that
he was going to be a big boy.  He is very healthy, no problems at all.  You
mentioned that it seems people have bad health problems with their silver
mitts and being deaf/blind too.  Well, you might be thinking of "Blaze",
"Badger" or "Panda" ferrets.  They can sometimes carry a gene known as
Waardenburg, which is the gene that is found in Waardenburg Syndrome,
deafness being one of the traits (check out
www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/deaf.html)

No matter if you get a Sable, Silver Mitt, Blaze or any other type of
ferret...you will always be faced with the possibility of them coming down
with some kind of illness or might have some deafness or blindness.  I have
one Blaze (Pepe') who is hard of hearing, but not deaf, I have a Sable,
(Tango) who has insulinoma, I have a Cinnamon (Roo aka Roo Bear) who was
just diagnosed with adrenal disease and my other three are very healthy.  I
wouldn't trade any of mine for the world, and if I get any more fuzzies, I
will be getting my next one from a shelter, probably a deaf, blind or sick
one, sometimes people are too quick to discard them because they are not
"perfect", they need love too!  :-)

Warm fuzzy hugs to all and have a great day!  :-)
Tracy Jose
Tango, Chico, Roo, Pepe', Spunky & Leah