Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:14:27 -0500
Schtinka Guyette Ferret (10 yrs. old) will be assisted across the Bridge,
today, Wednesday.  She was diagnosed with kidney failure last fall and not
expect to make it through the winter.  She has outlived that prediction.
The last two days, she has stopped eating and is drinking very little.  I
have offered her duck soup which she does not want.  I will not force her
if she doesn't want it; but also will not allow her to starve herself to
death.  On her most recent exam, late in July of this year, she is carrying
too much weight on her rear haunches, but refuses to "exercise".  *typical
female*

She is the last of 4 fuzzies that came to me from a young couple in
Milwaukee, WI and then were transferred to Atlanta, GA.  The other 3
fuzzies, Marris crossed in Jan, 98, Frostie in Dec, 99, and most recently
Niles, beginning of this month, August.

So think sweet thoughts of a "sweet" elderly fuzzie, who will once again
be young to rejoin her 3 former playmates.