From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 17:35:14 EDT
Hi All!  This is my first time to send a posting.  I have a situation that
I hope someone will be able to help me out with.

Pookie was a 2 year old abandoned ferret that I took in with all my heart
and love.  I gave her my promise that I would give and do anything possible
to make her happy for the rest of her life.  After being abandoned by two
families and not in good health I felt she deserved anything and everything
that would make her happy.  She also deserved to live in a stable home so
she knew she would be loved and not ignored.

My Pookie had adrenal surgery in January 2000 and had both glands removed.
She did really well till now it seems.  Pookie went to the vet on Monday
and it seems Pookie is very sick.  She has been lithesome and losing weight
lately.  The vet told us that something is wrong but she doesn't know what
it is.  This is a vet that was referred to me by another ferret owner.  The
vet said to just give Prednisolone to her for 5 days and see how she does.
She seems a little better, but that really doesn't relieve me in any way.
I keep worrying that I might lose Pookie any day.  I have cried every day
because I really can't bear the loss of my special little girl.

I have seen somewhere a list of vets that are here in California that will
know and see Pookie so she can get better.  Even if you know a vet in
Southern California that knows about ferrets may help me.  My concern grows
more and more as the days go by.  I can't break my promise to Pookie.  If
anyone knows this list can you post it so I may contact someone to help
Pookie.

My love to all the dookers!  And thank you all for your help!!!!

MTN and the Dooker Two!