From:
steve austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 00:09:05 -0400
I have been completely addicted to this mailing list since I joined
2-3weeks ago!  It seems to me that the kind of people that devote so much
love and kidness to their pets, also seem to run high on emotions.  It
may be hard to give advise, and to ask for it, but try not to be too
harsh in your replies.  There are ways to get your point across and not
be hurtful, etc.

Anyway, my question is if pediasure, or pediasure with fiber can be used
instead of ensure.  Pediasure is very similar but made for children, and
used as a tube feeding in babies as complete nutrition.  Any thought on
this?  ALso, should I be using the laxatives as a preventative?I have 4
ferrets, ages 4 1/2, 3, and 2 around 1-2years old.  They seem fine, but
I'd hate to find out the hard way what a hairball can do.  I also had a
ferret that had lymphoma at age 4 diagnosed by a friend, not my vet
(although my friend is a vet, if you follow me) and died about 1 year ago
at the ripe old age of 8, unfortunately she died from adrenal disease, not
the lymphoma- at least not directly.  My vet missed the diagnoses, swollen
vulva and all!  I have changed vets more than once, and I have learned a
lot since then, and even more as I read this mailing list.

Thanks to all out there, your advise, prayers and love.

Patty