From:
Debbie F <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 01:38:45 -0500
Hi all,
I haven't been keeping up with the FML lately and hope this has not been
addressed and I missed it.  The other day I opened a new bag of Nature's
Recipe.  My guys all love this in their mix and one will only eat this
food.  To my surprise, it was a different color!  Usually it looks like
Cheerios in shape and color and this batch was a dark brown.  The color of
Innova, Eukanuba etc.  Concerned that Wiley Coyote (I did not name him,
he is a foster kid) would not eat it even tho he is blind, I e-mailed the
company and got the speedy reply that the reason it had changed was because
they had switched suppliers.  This did not make sense to me as I believe a
chicken is a chicken is a chicken.  So I wrote them back and was told that
"The poultry meal that we use may contain different parts of the chicken
that the old poultry meal.  This would account for the change in the color
of the food." Luckily for me Mr. Wiley is blind and readily accepted the
new color.  Is darker better?  What parts are used for lighter meal and
what parts are used for the darker meal?  I know someone out the on the
FML will know the answer.  Please clue me in.

Debbie F.