From:
Kristeen Kohrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 09:37:39 -0400
We were at PetCo doing an education day when a new ferret owner asked us
about her 8 week old ferret that seemed to shake/shiver a lot.  She
confirmed that it happened when the ferret, Raisin, was first waking up so
we gave her the standard answer of the ferret was shaking to raise his body
temperature.  She had asked the vet doing the vaccines and they told her
the ferret was scared!!!

The family hung around after the vaccine to wait for a reaction and I got
to hold the little girl.  After about 10 minutes she started to shake.
It obviously wasn't the normal body temp thing because she had been awake
for a while.  She definitely wasn't scared, she was being a curious little
ferret.  My only theory was that maybe being without food for so long
during the trip to PetCo she was shivering because her body temp was
dropping.  I know that when I'm on a diet I am always cold.  Raisin's owner
is a physician and thought our explanations made sense but I was wondering
if any of you guys had any other ideas.

We had a good day at PetCo as far as education goes.  Hopefully there will
be a few more NJ based subscribers to the FML soon!

 Kristeen, JT,
 Katie, Matt & Al
 Metropolitan NY/NJ Ferret Welfare Society