From:
Maureen Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 10:14:06 -0400
Hi all,
I haven't posted in a while, but I've kept up with the list.  I really
enjoyed Rebecca's post.  I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but it was
a good read.

We had three young ferrets and two older guys.  We've had ferrets for 9
years so a lot of our guys have come to the end of their time with us.
Someone needed to find a home for her two new ferrets (they were only 4
months old!) and we thought...why not.  It might liven up the crew.  We
now have seven and what fun we had introducing them this morning.  It was
a good thing these two were fast.  Our young ones gave chase but in a
"what's this" kind of way.  They went through the plastic tubes and the
big cardboard tubes.  They jumped over and on top of.  One of the old guys
got into it also.  They all told the new kids they were boss, and now
everyone is napping..except the new kids.  They're still exploring.
Integrating isn't always this easy.  We used to have two groups because
some wouldn't get along.  (That's when we had 11!) When they're this young,
though, it's easier.

We got up to 11 through rescue (even getting them from our vet!) and many
were older or sick and our numbers have dwindled.  5 was a good number, but
if they all get along...7 is even better.  These two had been in a cage
those 4 months.  It's a beautiful cage, but a cage nonetheless.

Happiness and fuzzy health to all.  Maureen and the crew..

Willie and Deany  (8 and 9 year old sable and champagne)
Dash and Dot      (3 year old albino littermates)
Rajah             (2 year old sable)
Ike and Mike      (4 month old albino and sable)