From:
Ron Konstantin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 03:35:38 -0500
I run the shelter here in Abilene, Texas.  I was very shocked by all of the
angry responces to my inquiry on Minks and Angora ferrets.  First of all,
the closest place to get a ferret of any kind is 120 miles away.  My car is
on its last leg, so I can't go that far.  We only get about 6 a year and I
have never failed to have a list of people waiting for ANY ferret.  I am
not saying that shelter ferrets should not be taken before buying one, but
that is not an option where I live.  Any shelter who is over crouded can be
asured the ferrets will have a warm welcome.  I have room for about 15 but
no steady supply.  I have had ferrets for years and was a vet tech before I
went back to school.  I have only lived in abilene 5 years though.  Because
of demand I only have one personal ferret at a time.  Slinky's prognosis
does not look good.  We have no children, so we are looking to adopt a
new pet.  This is Christi's first ferret and she is taking it very hard.

Ron Konstantin and Christi
Visit REN & CHRISTI'S ferret shelter site at
http://community.webtv.net/ronpkonstantin/RENCHRISTISFerret