Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 14:11:44 -0500
Well, for those of you who remember Miss Curry Furry's story, with the BAD
Vet in Harrison Ar, she went in for her surgery this week.  Thanks to the
alot of wonderful people here who helped, and a wonderful Vet, she was able
to go in earlier than I thought.

She came through it fine, had some trouble with anestisia, but overcame it.
The kicker is, there was no obvious tumer on teh Adrenal.  Removed the one
anyway, just in case and looked all over the other.  AND, since my Vet is
not an expert, he called someone who was and they came down and did the
surgery on video so the next time, he'd know!

Curry is back here, in hte hospital cage and already eating and drinking
fine.  Poops are a little loose, but vet says it's okay.  She is on her
way to a quick recovery.

Also, got a call from a lady who's son had two ferrets and since he was
going to college, and SHE didnt want them, guess what?  This woman had
been washing the ferrets everyday and spraying htem with Lysol because
they stunk.  She tried to get me to buy them, I refused, so she tried to
get me to buy their blankies and toys......yeah right!

I asked her what they were eating, Cat food.  When I asked what kind, she
didn't know...what ever was on sale. <sigh>

So, introducing Mindy and Wheezer......weighing in at about .5, yea, that's
right, a HALF pound each!  Both are MF, Mindy is a sable and Wheezer an
albino.  The woman tried to tell me Mindy was 2 and Weezer 1, but then she
sent me their MF guarentees dated 1996.  Mindy is March, Geez in August.
So, four years old, really sweet and kissy, but they have NO IDEA how to
play!  Or drink out of a water bottle.

Anyway, that's all, just wanted to thank everyone who emailed me and sent
in donations for Curry's surgery.  Looks like she is going to be kissing
my daughter for many years to come.....

Marta Towne
Fuzzy Kisses Ferret Shelter
Green Forest, AR

PS: We ARE still moving....we just put it off until the middle to the end
of July.....priorities, you know!