From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:59:27 EDT
I wrote the fml about two months ago, about Rocky who had radical behavior
changes.  I learned it was depression.  I never saw this in an animal
before, let alone a ferret (except for the kind of depression that is so
severe a ferret will stop eating, fighting, etc..  like what I saw at a
shelter once).  I also learned he was depressed due to the introduction
of a new boisterous kit into the cage.

Many wrote me, and I really want to thank you.  I followed all your advice,
and I saw an immediate change in Rocky.  He never came "all the back to
hiself" though.  But I recently acquired a tiny little girl (the only
girl), and oddly enough, Rocky is back to his old self again.  He is
romping around and dancing with her as I write.  Sean is so relieved and
so happy to see this.  Sean says Rocky is learning to be a ferret again.
lol.  This little boy sits and watches him play with her with complete
adoration in his eyes.  thank you again,

wolfy

Wolfy
Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on deafness and ferrets:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/deaf.html
take a peek at upcomming "so you have allergies":
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/allergies.html