From:
Kathy Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 22:43:49 -0500
Hi Everyone, it's been a while but We'eere Baack.

I was wondering if anyone could answer an interesting question that came up
today on the subject of rabies and animals.  If a human gets bit by a rabid
animal there's treatment.  If we can do this for humans why then if our
pets get rabies can they not get the same treatment (if caught right away)
only in smaller doses?

Has anyone heard from Bob C.?  I haven't seen him post for quite some time
and was wondering if he was okay.

On the subject of flaming.  I think differences of opinion are healthy ways
to look at variations in the way people handle and deal with all kinds of
ferrety situations.  However, when people start attacking each other
personally they are taking away from what the F.M.L. is all about, THE BEST
LIFE AND CARE WE CAN GIVE ALL FERRETS.  We have lost one to many people
from the F.M.L.  over the last month and this takes away from valuable
input that they may have contributed to in the future.  So to the FEW
people that continue to make personal flames their main objective in life
I have two words for you, "CAN IT"!!!!  Put your energy into the one thing
that matters, THE FERRETS.  There are more important issues to deal with
that your energy could be better spent on then personal attacks on other
people and deciding on who you can get rid of next on the list.  I doubt
some of you would say these things if you were face to face with that
person.

If your not sure about what someone wrote ASK FOR CLARIFICATION!
Chances are some of this garbage continues to go on due to a simple
misunderstanding of what was posted.  If anyone decides to flame me for
this or any other post I have a simple three step solution, point, click,
delete.  I'll be here continuing to learn all I can and help all the
ferrets I can for a long time.

One situation that everyone might want to start rallying on is the laws
that govern our ferrets, and all domestic animals.  I don't know what the
laws in other countries are, but here in Canada as long as an animal has
food water and shelter their is nothing our humane society can do.  It
doesn't matter if the animal is lacking proper medical attention or is
always left outside (even in 20 below) without proper attention or adequate
housing, or is suffering from untreated adrenal problems etc.  Is their
anyone that has any ideas on how to get these laws changed so medical
attention is included?

Condolences to anyone that has lost a fuzzy

Kathy and the Ferret Collective - taking a load off