From:
"Jennifer D. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 11:24:31 -0400
Thanks to everyone who suggested names for our new panda baby girl!  We
decided on Anake, Ani for short, which, as Carol told me, means Fate in
Greek.  Ani's a little dear; she's got almost no bad habits to speak of,
which is great, since she doesn't respond to training at all.  Our Leo acts
like you're killing him if you try to hold him still or put your finger in
his mouth; Ani is apparently the other end of that.  She just doesn't care.
But she's a kisser, not a nibbler, and very playful and fun.  She's also a
scrapper--a dominant female we have kicking around here has gone for her
once or twice, and once they're separated, Ani charges her.  She also
loves wrestling with her deaf big brother--both deaf ferrets playing
together!--and they both scream their heads off.  All night.  :-)

My thoughts on colloidal silver, as a totally uneducated person on the
subject.  I haven't researched it at all.  All I know is that heavy metals
are toxic and tend to build up in the body.  Would you give your ferret
colloidal lead?  How about mercury?  I have a funny feeling silver will
likewise cause brain damage, and eventually death.  Lead, as many
people know, affects many parts of the brain, with a negative impact on
developmental ability and speech, especially in children.  Mercury causes
blindness, systemic neurological dysfunction, and death.

Personally, I'm not EVER putting silver into my fuzzies--or myself.

And I would like to point out that I've studied medicinal herbalism, and
I'm quite interested in various types of "non-traditional" medicine--which
essentially means "non-Western."  However, the toxic and bioaccumulative
effects of heavy metals are well known and documented.

Jen and the Crazy Business