From:
Michele Joudrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:07:11 GMT
Hi everyone, I just felt I had to put my two cents in with this issue that
is being discussed.  First of all, I love ferrets, I have four of them.
Two of them are our own and the other two were given to me by a friend who
could no longer take care of them.  She loved them a lot, but the ferrets
no longer were able to get out and run around and play, because she had a
demanding job and it required most of her time.  She felt that it would be
better to give them to someone who would love them and take care of them,
rather then having them sit in a cage all day.

I understand how shelters must feel with all the parents abandoning them,
so called.  I have to think positive.  If these parents are not willing to
take care of tham or are in circumstances that prevent them from caring
properly for their ferrets, I would much rather them see go somewhere else.
A happy home with love.  I know working with ferrets and parents for a
while, may make you feel bitter, but I think people should be more
understanding.

It is only luck that "WE" are not the people losing our jobs, not having
the money and maybe losing a family.  It is only luck that "We" have not
experienced some of the things that other people have experienced.  I know
it is hard, and we may get bitter, but try to keep positive.  Look at the
fuzz butts and know that because of you they are going to a better home and
will have a happier life.

Take Care All,
Michelle
{:-D} Oscar, Miko, Tnker and Tiny