Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 01:01:39 -0600
From:
This is one of the hardest posts I have ever written.

I have a great deal of mixed emotions about Daniel's story and it bothered
me so much that I had to say something.  I am not trying to flame Daniel
but I think there is an important element missing in all of this... a
ferret died because of an act of negligence.

I agree that Daniel was indeed a brave person for writing of his tragedy
with Felix, but I am left with so many questions that have yet to be
answered.  For one, why did Daniel leave the ferret at his friends when
it was his responsibility to look after?  When his mother came to pick
Daniel up, why was the ferret left behind?

I have to disagree with some posters who said this tragedy was only
partially Daniel's fault... It was Daniel's full responsibility to look
after Felix, because it was he who took Felix out of his home and into
another.  Remember... we can only control our own behaviour, not that of
others.

I also took great issue with the term, "lesson learned"... Daniel gets a
second chance and his whole life ahead of him, but Felix does not.  This
does not seem fair by any sense of the word.

Daniel... I am angry at what you did, although I know that nobody can
predict the future, and this tragedy came most unexpectedly.  I am grateful
for the fact that you posted about your loss, as information on how
tragedies occur are invaluable to further educate ferret owners on
preventative measures, but I cannot let you off the hook for not taking
your ferret home with you when you left.

I truly feel that you must endure the pain of this preventable loss because
it is the only way we humans learn from our mistakes.

I'm truly sorry but I had to say what I feel.  Forgive me.

Betty and Her Blur O'Fur