Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 18:19:16 -0600
From:
Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
On yesterdays FML, there was a posting on the quality of chicken
by-products and what they contained.  I will not flame the poster either
in private or in public but would kindly like to recommend that they verify
things before they go out in public and blast someones product without the
knowledge of what is really in it.  There are different grades of chicken
by products I understand.  PF uses the highest grade they can and in my
opinion the price is justified.  Especially when you weigh the cost of
mixing foods vs.  vet bills.  I also believe anyone not feeding TF
regularly will never see the benefits it will reap on the health of your
ferrets.  I okay'd this with Jeff at Performance Foods, He says that if
anyone has a questions as to the ingredients of what is in Totally Ferret,
they can call PF at 303-410-1101 and Dr. Willard would happy to discuss the
topic with them.  Most people who would make a statement about what is good
enough for whoever( myself and the poster in question included) do not have
a Phd. in Carnivore Nutrition.  Dr. Willard does have these credentials
and I would hope anyone who would like to slam PF or any other foods
manufacturer for that matter, rely on someone who has studied for years
on a particular subject instead of some layperson who thinks(key word)
they know better.  Would you trust a podiatrist to fix your teeth?

I would like to make one statement, I will not feed my ferrets anything
that I won't eat myself.  I have tasted not only the TF that I feed the
thousands of ferrets that come through this shelter, but the project
foods that have been tested here at the shelter by PF.  I have never been
disgusted, sickened or distasteful of any of the products brought to me by
Dr.Willard.  Finally , my disclaimer, I do not work for Performance Foods
nor do they pay me in any way to endorse their products.  I back up Totally
Ferret based on my experience of seeing thousands of ferret benefit from
it's consumption vs.  mixing foods.  I do not know of any shelter in this
country that sees as many ferrets as we do, or feeds and switches as many
ferrets to Totally Ferret as we do.  I do know that there are many of you
FML'ers out there that believe as I do and some of you who don't.  And
that's ok if you don't, it's your right to feed what you want and it's your
right to disagree with me if you choose to do so.  For those of you that
don't trust my opinion, call Dr. Willard and trust him.  nuff said!

Ferretguy