Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 02:37:41 -0400
From:
KiSta Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Hi FML'ers,

Yeah, I guess I have some experience on this subject.  For about 4 years
back in DC I worked as a piercer and tattoo prep girl at State Line
Tattoo.

My friend Ray Askey has done all my work, 100% freehand.  He's now working
on my ferret tattoo, made up from several photos of my ferrets, and ferret
anatomy/skeletal photos, since I'm VERY picky about how my stuff turns out.

The new studio he will be working out of at the end of this summer will be
in Silver Spring, MD.  I don't know the exact date he'll be back, but when
I do, and have my tat started, I'll be sure to post pics.

I cannot stress enough that the studio that you go to for ANY tattoo be
clean, licensed, talented, and CLEAN!!  Seriously.  If you've never had a
tattoo before, make sure of a couple things before hand.  Make the artist
opens the needles he/she will be using on you from the autoclave bag, in
front of you.  If they don't ....walk out..  Check their portfolio...see
if their work is something you can live with for the rest of your life.
Or, until you can pay $200 per square inch to be removed with a ruby
laser.

I don't mean to scare anyone off with this, but only to ensure that the
tattoo you get is the tattoo you really want.  Ask the artist to do you
a drawing of the work that you want done on paper first.  If they're
hesitant to do this...walk out.  They may ask you to come back in a
couple days, in order to properly prepare your work, which is fine, but
if they're unwilling to work with you, don't waste your time.

here is a pic of my leg, which was completely done by Ray, and all free
hand.....

www.kistaferret.com/cdcover.jpg

My left arm is also completely sleeved, and I love it.  Its of my cat.
That's my arm that is pictured in the "adoptable ferrets" section of my
website, when I'm forced to hold the ferts up for their photo.  I'm saving
my right forearm for my ferret tattoo, which will be my first and ONLY
tattoo on my right side.

Please use the same caution you would with any medical professional with
a tattoo artist.  I've seen some horrid places, and I've seen some
incredible infections and bad work, so please...just use common sense.

Now, back to the ferret stuff!

Kim
KiSta Ferret Shelter
www.kistaferret.com