Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:45:48 EDT
In the mail the last week are a number of questions.  A majority are really
just two questions.

1. Why do you want to put the puppy mill Marshall Farms out of business by
boycotting Marshall Farms products?  By the way: the word Product includes
the ferret.  This IS what Marshall Farms calls your ferrets.  Product

If 200 or 300 people on the FML Were to boycott Marshall Farms, it would
most certainly not go out of business.  If all of us boycotted, it would
not go out of business.  They have a beagel puppy mill, a ferret puppy
mill, a number of expensive toys, tents, sleeping sacks, foods, etc.
They are big producers of ferrets and beagels for labs.

2. Since even if half the people on the FML boycotted Marshall Farms, it
would still be in business and doing just fine, why are you bothering to
show everybody all this information on the web about the wrong doing of
Marshall Farms puppy mill for years?  Why write about them or boycott
them?  There are other places that might be just as bad or worse.

Because if one believes the information that was presented thus far out
there concerning them-as people who believe we are some of the most
concerned ferret people out there-we owe it to the ferret to do the right
thing.  Not because it will change anything--but BECAUSE we believe it is
the right thing to do.

I strongly believe that We need to do this for us, for our children to see
our example, and for the ferrets we purport to love.  Because it is the
right thing to do.

If you support puppy mills, you will not feel this way.  I realize that
there are people running ferret mills or friends of theirs on the FML as
it is a good source of info.

Others just really don't care.  Others think their ferret is cute so
suffering of the thousands of breeding ferrets and their murder should not
affect them.  Others?  I do not know.  I just know that not everyone will
think or feel the same.  It is just life: complex and mind baffling.

The subject has been Marshall Farms.  We all know that there are other
puppy mills.  They are places of horror for the ferret.  The boycotting
is because it is the right thing to do.  It will be the enforcement of
existing laws and creation of new laws that will be reinforced that we
really need.

That is why I have urged you all-if you believe puppy mills are hurting and
murdering ferrets and that Marshall Farms, the puppy mill, is hurting and
murdering ferrets-to write to your Congress people.  Any other suggestions
are certainly welcome.

I would love to join a list on this topic if it is intended to try and
change the laws or reinforce existing or discuss things we and our children
can do to make people aware of puppy mills.

Lisette