From:
Corynne dejong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:12:56 EDT
The pet store next to my office has 2 new baby ferrets in.  They are much
smaller than any of the other babies they've had.  They can't eat solid
food yet, and they both have prolapsed (is this the right word?) rectums,
with a little crusted blood around their little butts.  What should I do?
I am literally the only person who knows anything about ferrets that they
know.  The first time they got ferrets, they didn't have anything but a
litter box, a water bottle, and a few toys in the cage.  No bed, no food.
They said they were told to feed them twice a day!  I taught them what
they need as basics (food all the time, a good place to sleep, lots of
affection... which I also try to provide of course!)  I don't think they
realize these babies are not ready to be sold at all!  At least I need to
provide them info about how to help their poor little butts, but I don't
really know what to tell them other than to give them soft food.  What do
I do???

Please e-mail me directly as I don't have a lot of time to read over the
FML every day.

Corynne