From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 22:36:58 -0400
To my wonderful friends of the FML:

Those of you that know me, know I had surgery on the 21st of July.  It was
on the spinal column in my neck & frankly I was rather scared about it.
For the first time ever I had to read a paper telling me of all of the
things that 'could' go wrong.

Happily everything is ok & it looks like surgery might have been a success,
although it is a little too early to tell yet.

Since my release from the hospital on the 23rd I have been about killing
myself doing my work around here plus.  I won't go into the details but I
haven't any help here although 2 other adults live here.  I have been doing
just about everything I shouldn't be doing, for instance driving down to
St. Petersburg one week after surgery, it is about an hour & a half away.

I have 5 kids, (human kind) & one I didn't tell about the surgery.  However
not one of the other 4, & neither of the other two adults here have once,
since I have been home, asked me how I was.  If I was ok.  Could they help
with anything.

On the other hand, my emailbox & even snail mail box, are overflowing with
people from Canada, the UK, from one side of the USA to the other & from
north to south, telling me they prayed for me, I am in their thoughts,
asking me how I am, am I ok, is there anything they can do to help, even
if most are so far away.  Most are from this great FML family.

I just wanted everyone to know that you all are so good & kind &
thoughtful.  That aside from some of the bickering & flaming &
misunderstandings & little petty differences that pop up every now & then,
you all have great wonderful, caring hearts.  I am slowly answering my mail
& if I haven't gotten to you yet, I will, I promise.  I am feeling pretty
down in the dumps from the uncaring people around me, but between my
feathered & fuzzied babies, & you all, I know I will pull out of it.  I
guess my resistance is rather low right now.  I haven't had much PC time
as I have been so busy & when I can I have to nap.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to everyone who has lost a fuzzy face in the
last few weeks, & to all the sick ones, who I pray will get better real
soon.  Since I am starting to short out the keyboard here I had better git
for now.  As far as I am concerned there isn't a more wonderful group of
caring people on the face of the earth, than right here.

Sincerely,
Lynn & Clan War Weasels