Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:35:51 EDT
For those of you who have E-mailed me about books to read that discuss
ferrets eating kibble that is unfit for human consumption: most of my books
are gone.  I give them to people who can make a difference in the group
they have formed, or who have a lot of animals they are caring for.  They
all had info on wormy cancerous flesh, and beaks, eyeballs, and feet, dead
pets, rotted chicken from the grocers ground up still in plastic and
Styrofoam, etc.-being ground up for kibble.

But I kept Animal Rights: A Beginners Guide.  It is Winner of 1993 Animal
Rights Writing Award, and has been newly revised.  It is a handbook of
issues, organizations, actions and resources.  Great book.  Check out page
51 for the answer you seek.

FAIR is in here, as is AFA, and several other ferret groups.  It was
$19.95.  It is by Amy Blount Achor.  There are phone numbers, addresses,
it goes state to state, covers exotic animals, farm animals, companion
animals.

It recommends magazines and books, kitty litters, aroma therapies,
research, education, and testing, and gobs more.

The paper is 85% recycled and printed with soy based ink.  A portion of
proceeds goes to animal rights causes.  Updated last in 1996.

The intent of the book is to start you on a journey.  It offers a glimpse
into the lives of other living beings in our current society, and
encourages us to examine ourselves and the roles we play and that animals
play in OUR lives.  It asks us to explore ways that we can make a
difference-by ourselves, or with others of like-mind.

Gotta run.  Long hours this week, so I want to get this info out now.  I
love this book.

Lisette