From:
David Brokaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:42:18 -0400
To Angela, about your new cat.  My wife and I picked out a new kitten and
brought it home when it was weaned.  I have seven ferrets and the cat was
just a bit out numbered.  All seven kids came to see what new ferret I
brought home now and were faced with two hands full of claws.  After
trimming the kitten s nails, we tried again.  The balance of power was
better now and the kitten just started to run around and a few of the
ferrets followed.  **One year later** The cat lays on the floor and extends
a paw (with no claws needed) out to them to play much as a lion mother
would with her kits.  But, one of the ferrets, Nutcha, is a holy terror for
the cat and the poor thing has to go to high ground to avoid a really good
fight.  So in the end, kittens get along very well with ferrets.  Just
watch and make sure the sides are even.

Rabbit food, (pellets) work wonders as litter.  They are cheaper then pine
pellets, ($8.00 50# bag) and absorb the smell just fine.  I have used 2
bags now and will continue to do so.  For those of you with allergies,
this is an answer to your problem as well.

Sincerely,
David B. Brokaw