From:
"Sheri J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 09:44:16 -0500
Hi everyone,

My vet and I helped my little old girl Princess go to the rainbow bridge
this morning.  She was old and ill with lymphosarcoma and just too tired
to fight anymore.  Right to the end she was a peach -- dragging herself
into the litter box even though her back legs could no longer support her
weight, and dragging herself in line the night before last when I was
clipping everyone's nails.  She was my sweet, sweet girl and I will miss
her dearly.

We had many good years of laughter and togetherness before now, and it was
my job to let her go gently with grace and kindness.

My vet and her assistant and I all cried while we let her go.

But she goes to be with my gorgeous bulldog DEW Pepper who always loved her
dearly and I am sure he will greet her with great joy.  He has probably
been a wee bit lonely for her.

Mort, Uno, BB, and Henry all got to say good-boy, both before she left
and after she was gone.  She was Uno's bondmate and I hope he understands
enough not to go crazy looking for her, as he always did while she was ill
and sleeping in the "sickie" cage.  I knew this was coming, so she has
spent the past two weeks in the big quarters with the group.  They cuddled
her and kept her warm.

Take care all, and thanks for being here to understand this heartbreak.

--Sheri