From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 11:43:47 -0400
Just a quick note.  We are not a shleter but have done rehab.  Like all the
others who posted pretty well all of the shelters we know NEED money, and
I mean that they REALLY, REALLY NEED it.  Steve and I know of only two in
which those running them are able to personally finance them completely and
those people spend in the 7 figures many years from their own money to help
ferrets(and then sometimes get flammed when they rush out their postings
because they lack time so sound a bit short with people).  Those who fund
medical research to improve veterinary care for ferrets also need funds
very badly to help our ferrets all live happier, longer lives.

When, at times this year, you find yourself wondering if you should get a
new shirt which you like but don't need, or considering a diet and figure
that it will help if you put the money not spent on food in a jar and later
send it on to a charity, or if you get an unexpected cash gift which you
can afford to give away in part, or if you just do what we do and set aside
a budget book column with money budgeted to help others, PLEASE, remember
these causes and the ferrets they help when you write those checks.