From:
"Michael a.k.a. OIK" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 13:14:39 -0400
Yesterday we took a trip to a local Pet store to look for ferret stuff and
play with their baby ferrets.  In the process I asked the clerk what farm
the ferrets were from, and she said that they were Marshall Farms ferrets,
but with one look I was able to tell her that she was being lied to.  The
ferrets lacked the tatoos in the ear that Marshalls have, and also the
faces were much too wide(I know this is a bit of a strech to judge on, but
these ferrets had faces that were verry round shaped and I NEVER saw a
marshall look like that).  That was all well and good after I told her,
but when we went to check out(minus a new ferret) I saw a large stack of
marshall paperwork packets that come with marshal ferrets.  This tells me
tat they are getting forged pappers on lower cost ferrets from their
distributers, or there is someone there making up the packets.

So if you ever go to Pet World in Sunbury PA, buyer beware, you don't know
exactly what you are getting.

Take Care,
Mike

--