From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 10:30:12 -0700
Shea and Trixi posted about bathing every once or two weeks and in
particular using Ferret Sheen.  I remember using Ferret Glo once and my
ferrets acted like it burned them.  Really - trust all the experience
here - if your ferrets stink after a week or two - give it at least two
more weeks - provided you are feeding them a high quality food (ferrets on
cheap cat food have a tendency to stink I think) and washing their bedding
a lot (you should have two complete sets of bedding to make this easier).

Believe me, if you are bathing that often they will go through a stinky
period when they would normally get a bath.  Then it will go away!  I only
bathe mine 2-3 times a year.  Personally I think that food and clean
bedding are key.  The shampoo products made for ferrets are WAY TOO STRONG.
I think they make for the general masses who aren't going to take very good
care of their ferrets.  Use a gentle shampoo made for puppies.

Mary

"For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing
befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea they have all one
breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity."
Ecclesiastes 3:19