From:
Betty Rebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 03:39:10 EDT
Hiya..  yer post made me chuckle... and please keep reading to find that
I mean NO disrespect!  ALL but ONE of my 5 are feet eaters!  lol... at 4
inches from the ground theres not much else they can do to get your
attention... I have found that when my babies chew on my pigs they really
are just saying "hey, here I am!!"... There are some things you can do to
tell her/him that it hurts and encourage less aggressive biting.  If you
havent tried these things already...

1. Cover you pigs with Bitter Apple and walk around... if you baby tries
to nip she/he probably wont like it much but a good idea is to (even though
she/he isnt biting hard) pick your baby up and give her/him a nuzzle just
to say hi... this will reinforce the idea that HARD biting is NOT nessasary
for attention.

2. If your baby bites the same spot... a few drops of ferretone on your
pigs may turn the bite into a kiss and again... pick up yer baby and give
her/him a nuzzle to let them know that kisses get them attention to.

3. If nothing else works (one of my babies STILL bites the pigs extemely
hard) wear shoes... if your like me get a pair of CLEAN, they dont go
outside sneakers to wear around the house.  Sometimes they just dont
understand that it HURTS!  I HONESTLY dont believe that they MEAN to hurt
you... I honestly think they just want attention and dont take the
behaviour personally... if you think about it... its REALLY a compliment...

If I am right they are really saying... "Mommy/Daddy Im down here and I
would like nothing more than for you to come down here and play with me
because I like you so much!"... What they are really saying is... I love
you!  and as we all know... (hehehe) love hurts!  lol.  Okay Im kidding!
But they wouldnt desire your attention so much if they dint love you!

I guess that's it!
Good Luck... Dooks and Dance!!
-Betty